Last Updated on 4 months by Amelia Johansson
If you are willing to purchase a streaming device and learnt about the Fire TV Stick and now you are wondering if you can use Amazon Firestick on Non-Smart TV or Not? This is the question that everyone has asked before purchasing any device whether it is Google Chromecast, Roku or other.
If you are one of them who is looking for this question as well then you came to the right place in this article I am going to tell you everything. Like how this device works and will it be used on a normal TV and how you can connect to a Non-Smart TV to explore your content there.
To understand everything regarding this question I would recommend you to stick with this article until the end. It is because there are a few things that I would like you to know and if you don’t read it then you may face some issues. Furthermore, in the end, I will share a bonus tip for you so make sure to keep reading this article.
Can You Use a Fire Stick on Non-Smart TV
Yes, of course, Amazon Firestick is meant to convert a Non-Smart TV into a Smart TV. It is itself a smart streaming device that works on a FireOS which is android-based. Once a user connects this device and Set up they will be able to get all Smart TV features on their normal TV.
This device works on all the normal TVs that come with an HDMI port and if your TV has it then you probably have the benefit of using it. However, this is one of my favourite streaming devices ever as it comes at an affordable price and works on almost all TVs without any issue.
It comes with the Amazon Store from where we can download applications and Games as well. This device supports various famous apps like NFL, Xfinity Stream, Netflix, Hulu and many more. Although it comes in different variants and most of them support HD (1080p) resolution. But if you are willing to spend more money then you should probably go with the Fire Stick 4K as the name suggests it supports 4K Ultra HD and is the flagship device.
I have a complete review on it so if you are willing to buy it make sure to first check this: Fire Stick 4K Complete Review
How To Use Amazon FireStick on Non-Smart TV
So, if you own a normal TV but have an HDMI port then here is a guide that you need to follow. Although for those who are using old TV without HDMI can follow the other guide provided below. Here we are going to learn how to use Amazon Firestick on Non-Smart TV having an HMDI port.
However, if you have purchased your TV ten years before now then you will probably get the support for HDMI. To check if it has a dedicated port or not you can simply check on the backside or on the right or left side in some of the TVs. Now if you have found the port then you are good to go as this is the guide that will be useful for you.
Ok, so here are the quick steps to follow and use Firestick on Non-Smart TV:
- Connect FireTV with the wall socket using Micro USB and insert the device into the HDMI port on the TV.
- Now turn on the TV and select Source as HDMI.
- Let Fire Stick boot and then choose Language.
- From the next screen connect to the WiFi.
- After this, you need to Sign in with your Amazon Account.
- It will then ask if you want to use this account and select Continue.
- Then you will be asked to Save the Password and select Yes. (so you don’t need to type it again and again).
- Now it asks for Parental Control so this is optional and depends on you whether you use it or not.
- After this, it will ask for the TV Brand you are using just select it.
- You will be then asked to pair the remote so then select Next.
- Using the remote press Volume Up & Down to check if you hear any sound.
- If you hear the sound just select Next to pair it.
That’s it now you will see the Home Screen of the Fire Stick and from here you will also notice some pre-installed apps. You have successfully Set up your device and now you are ready to use it on your Non-Smart TV.
However, if you don’t understand the step and want a detailed guide then you should follow this link: Set Up Amazon Firestick Device
How Do I Connect My Fire Stick To My TV Without HDMI?
After reading this article you probably understand that to make Firestick work you need a TV with an HDMI port. But what happens if your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port? You might be wondering can I still is it on my TV without HDMI? If so then the answer is Yes, you are still able to use Fire TV Stick on your TV even if it doesn’t come with an HDMI port in it.
But to use it on an older TV with AV ports you are probably going to use an HDMI to RCA device. This is the best device that is used to convert HDMI into an AV and then with this, you can use Fire TV on an older device. Even though it can be used for other devices like Roku, Google Chromecast, Consoles, DVR and many more.
This is simply a money-saving device but the problem is it only supports 1080p resolution and you even might not be able to use Dolby Atmos sound as well. But still, it is best as with this you are able to convert your old TV into a Smart TV just buying purchasing any streaming device.
Check Price for HDMI to RCA on Amazon
To connect Fire Stick to the TV without an HDMI port you need to follow these instructions:
- First of all purchase HDMI to RCA devices from Amazon or other retailers if you want.
- Once you have this now connect Fire TV to the HDMI port on this device and connect RCA cables to the TV.
- After this make sure to connect the USB to the power adapter or it won’t work.
- Now boot your TV and then from Source choose A/V or whatever option you see there.
- You will notice the Fire Stick boot screen then wait for a while until it completes.
- After this, you will be asked to Set up this device for the first time.
- For this you just need to follow the steps from here:
Once you are done with setting up this streaming device you are now able to watch your favourite TV show there. You can also install android apps like Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, YouTube and so on.
No doubt Fire TV Stick is one of the best streaming devices ever announced by Amazon.com. The reason is we can use Amazon Firestick on Non-Smart TV and convert it into a Smart TV. Also, Set up process is very simple and once you are done with it you won’t be asked for this again.
Even after reading this article I also shared a method to use Fire Stick on TV without an HDMI port. If you have missed this amazing guide then make sure to go above and check it again. Other than this once you are done with it you may also love to know about Jailbreak FireTV, Installing 3rd-party apps like Cinema HD, Cyberflix, Weyd etc.
However, if you find this article helpful and want to show some love then don’t forget to share it with others. As this will help me to grow this website so I can bring new tips, tricks and tutorials for you. Also, if you have any questions or facing any sort of issue then please don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section below.