Last Updated on 5 months by Amelia Johansson
Did you love to stream videos in high quality but due to slow internet you are getting buffering issue? If so then here is the list of the best router for Firestick that provides fast speed to enjoy buffer-free streaming. It is because this is the most common thing that many people are already facing all around.
Even though when I purchase it for the first time I was not getting full WiFi signals in my room. Despite when I was using the same network on mobile or another device I was getting strong signals. After using it for a while I then figured that it is the device’s fault as it requires placing the router closer to the device.
But since I want the coverage in the full house then I start searching on the internet regarding this but couldn’t find any user guide. In this way, I then thought to try one of the routers from different brands to see which one works fine. that’s why in this article I am going to provide you with the list.
Top 5 Best Router For Firestick
There are plenty of routers are available out there but not all of them provides enough signals or works with Firestick. This is the reason why I have collected the top 5 best router for Firestick that works like a charm to provide buffer-free streaming. Each of the routers is checked and tested by me and works pretty fine without any issue.
Even though each of them has its own pros and cons which I am going to discuss here and will also tell some features of it as well. In this way, you can read the review of each router and after this, you will be able to get the right choice for you. It is highly recommended to read this article until the end so you don’t miss anything here.
Other than this at the end of this article, you will be provided with a suggestion in case you get confused between these choices. So, if you don’t want to read the whole review then simply scroll down to the conclusion section. There you will find my suggestion which I am also using with my FireTV to get full signals.
1. Netgear Nighthawk X10
The first router that comes to our list is from the Netgear that is known as the Nighthawk X10 which is the latest model. Since the router is new that’s why it is packed with the latest technology that uses a wireless type 802.11ad. Talking about the home coverage then this router works fine with a 2500 square feet area.
Furthermore, it uses the tri-band technology to expand its WiFi signals in which you get 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps for your 60Hz home devices. Nighthawk X10 can be used to connect Firestick, Consoles, Computers through Ethernet port and it comes with the 6 ports so you never run out of ports.
In case if you are using an Ethernet Adapter on a Firestick then this will provide you with extra speed and the best part is this doesn’t require driver installation. This amazing router is not any ordinary device but it comes with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor and has 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+ along with Dynamic QoS.
Other than this Nighthawk supports the Alexa voice command feature which makes the task a lot easier by using your voice. With the help of two USB ports, you can share a portable drive and printer to any device that is connected. Even though it has the parental control feature to filter websites and search queries.
- Provides long-range that covers all rooms at Home.
- The setup is quite easy and took only a few minutes.
- Works fine with Firestick and FireTV Cube.
- 6 Ethernet Ports help to connect all devices easily.
- It has 2 USB ports to share Portable Storage or use a Printer and make it your own cloud.
- Nighthawk X10 is ready to use that doesn’t require any driver installation.
- Alexa voice command feature makes the task a lot easier.
- The price is quite high as compared to other routers (but it still worth it).
- It Lacks the detailed Quality of Service (QoS) settings.
2. TP-LINK Archer AX6000
Coming to the next best router for Firestick which is TP-Link Archer Ax6000 and as we all know TP-Link is a well-known company. This router is probably quite cheaper than the Nighthawk X10 because it lacks some advanced features but yet it is considered the best and affordable alternative to get a fast speed.
However, TP-Link Archer can provide you with a speed of around 5952 Mbps while using the 5GHz band or else you get 1148 MBps with 1.4GHz. It comes with the BSS Color technology that is used to eliminate all the signal interference so you get smooth and stable WiFi signals without interruption.
Despite eliminating interference it also uses beamforming and Rangeboost to provide full signals in all your rooms. Talking about the port then Archer AX6000 is packed with a 1 x 2.5Gbps WAN port and 8x Gigabit ports to connect your computer and Firestick using an ethernet adapter.
Except this, it has 2 USB ports where you can connect a USB type A and a USB type C device if you want. The best part of this device is you are getting a lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare that helps in parental control, protects from malware and trojan attacks and helps to keep the network safe and secure.
- It is quite easy to set up and installs this router.
- Provide fast-file transfer performance.
- It is a budget-friendly router with the latest technology.
- Parental controls help filter keywords and websites.
- HomeCare secure network from malware and trojan.
- 1 WAN, 8 Gigabit, and 2 USB Ports to make work a lot easier.
- BSS Color technology eliminates signal interferences.
- It comes with the best throughput performance in testing.
- Mobile app control is limited.
- It has no support for WPA3.
- The WiFi range is limited as compared to Nighthawk.
3. Trendnet AC3000 Gigabit Tri-Band WiFi Router
The next router that I am going to share in this article is the Trendnet AC3000 which is quite similar to the TP-Link. However, the difference is this router lacks various features as compared to the TP-Link. For instance, you are not getting any protection from viruses or malware which most of you might not like.
Despite this, it is a Tri-band WiFi router that provides you with fast internet speed and helps in expanding the signals because of 6 antennas that cover the whole house. It is packed with one 2.4Ghz that provides a speed of 400Mbps while it has two 5Ghz bands in which one provides 867Mbps and the second offers 1,733Mbps of speed.
Trendnet offers users a total of 8 Gigabit ports to connect several devices using wire but it doesn’t have any USB ports which is also quite disappointing. This router offers dual WAN ports that help in balancing the connection so you never face buffering while surfing the internet or streaming your favorite movies or TV Shows.
- It is budget-friendly and the best router for Firestick.
- The installation is quite easy.
- Provides fast speed while in the close range.
- It has 8 LAN Ports to connect all devices.
- 2 WAN connection helps to balance speed.
- Tri-bands offers fast speed and provides a good range.
- It is pre-encrypted and offers VPN support as well.
- The design is quite good and is mountable to the wall.
- There are no USB ports for data transferring.
- The range is not as good as compared to others.
- There is no support for parental control or web filtering.
- It doesn’t provide any virus or malware protection.
4. Asus AC5300 Wi-Fi Tri-Band Router for Firestick
Asus is a well-known company for making gaming products and this AC5300 router is also developed for gaming. However, despite made for gaming it is still the best router for Firestick that we can use at our home. This router also comes with tri-band technology that includes one 2.4Ghz and two 5Ghz bands.
Asus AC5300 uses the latest 802.11ac 4×4 MU-MIMO technology that provides a fast internet speed of approximately 5334 Mbps. Despite providing the fast speed you are also getting a large area coverage because Asus can provide full strength signals in 5,000 sq fee so you can get signals in all your rooms.
Talking about the ports then this router is packed with 1 Gigabit WAN, 8 Gigabit LAN that connects all your devices including 3 USB 3.0 ports to access your files easily. It uses the powerful 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor that can handle all your task easily without any downtime or error.
The best thing that I love about this router is that it has the feature known as VPN fusion that helps a user to uses VPN and an ordinary network at the same time. This is the best option to stream from geo-restricted apps like Netflix, Sky Go & Kodi while using the ordinary internet on different apps.
- It is a tri-band router with a fast speed of up to 5334 Mbps.
- Best choice for gaming and downloading.
- Provides various management features.
- This is a MU-MIMO-enabled router.
- The price is also good and affordable.
- It around 5000 square feet area.
- This router has 8 Gigabit LAN and 2 USB 3.0 Ports.
- VPN fusion helps to use VPN and ordinary networks at the same time.
- Powerful process handles all heavy tasks without issue.
- File transfer is quite slower than others.
- There is no parental control feature available.
- It has limited mobile app features.
5. TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
This is the last device on the list of the best router for Firestick and it is a budget-friendly and good device that you can consider buying. TP-Link Ac4000 is also a tri-band WiFi router with one 2.4Ghz and two 5Ghz bands in which you are getting a maximum speed of 1625 Mbps in 5Ghz while 750 Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band.
This router is packed with MU-MIMO technology that ensures all your devices are connected to the router. Despite this, it also has 4 Gigabits LAN ports and USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. This router provides the fastest data transferring feature as compared to other routers provided in the above list.
TP-Link AC4000 has several other features like it offers Guest WiFi network, NAT Forwarding, QoS, Operation Mode etc. Although with this router you are also getting a TP-Link HomeCare subscription for 3 years that helps to protect the network from malware, trojan, and other malicious attacks.
It also comes with the parental control feature in which you can filter some of the keywords, websites, and even limit the time spent per device. With this, you can avoid kids from using a lot of data and also maintain their daily routine so they don’t spend much time using the mobile or watching TV.
- Installing and using this router is a lot easier.
- It has the strongest Parental Control feature.
- The price range of this router is also fair.
- Fast USB data transferring than any other router.
- It covers almost all areas of your house.
- MU-MIMO handles traffic according to use.
- It comes with an Antivirus tool that protects from viruses and Malware.
- This router works with Alexa voice assistant.
- 5Ghz performance is quite poor.
- The design is not good enough.
- HomeCare subscription is limited.
In this list, I have mentioned all the best routers for Firestick that you can choose and buy to get fast internet speed and say goodbye to buffering. Each of them is tested and works fine with the FireTV device so depending on your needs you can simply choose your desired router from above.
However, if you are confused over which one to choose then I would prefer to purchase Netgear Nighthawk X10. Because this device is packed with the latest features and offers the fastest speed and has interference protection. Despite this it covers all your rooms and depending on your use you will be provided with enough speed.
Although this might seem expensive and most of you may not afford it and for that, you can either go with the Asus 5300 that is also the best choice. It offers a VPN fusion technology to use both a VPN and an ordinary internet connection at the same time and also covers your whole house without issue.
Now in case you are using one of these routers already or purchased just now then please make sure to share your experience with us. It will help other visitors as well and they can find a suitable choice for themselves in no time and also don’t forget to let me know which one you loved the most.