If you are looking for the best VPN for Kodi then you came to the right place because in today’s guide I will share with you some best and worth buying VPN service as if you are using a Kodi Media Player. There are already thousands of services available out there but choosing the right one is really a difficult task.
However, this sometimes takes months to find a suitable service for you because there are various things to consider before buying it. This is the reason why you should keep reading this article till the end as here you will only see some top picked and the overall good VPNs.
Is VPN Necessary in Kodi?
Kodi is a famous media player app that can be used to play your local stored content on like Movies, Music, Games, Apps, Photos etc. Instead of just using playing local content you can also stream some free content by using an Addon. It has various types of Addons both official made by Kodi and unofficially made by 3rd-party developers.
In case a person is using a 3rd-party Add-ons like Exodus Redux, Covenant, No Limits Magic, Magic Dragon or any other. Then without any doubt, they need a VPN for their devices as because these 3rd-party Add-ons provide content that could be illegal. The reason is simple as these Add-ons scrap links from the different websites throughout the internet.
In this way, you may sometime get a link from the torrent website or any other illegal website that provides pirated content. After streaming from such link your ISP provider or government will know about your activity and immediately take action over it. That’s why always try to avoid streaming content from such websites or either use a VPN to keep your activities hidden.
Why Use Kodi VPN
As we know that the Kodi offers a variety of official and some 3rd-party Add-ons to its users. In this way, a user who streams from any pirated link could get into some serious trouble. However, instead of this, there are various other benefits of using a Kodi VPN.
Before you proceed to the list of the best VPN you have to first understand its usage and benefits. It is because after this you will understand even better why it is necessary.
Ok, so below is the list of some reasons why you should use VPN along with Kodi Media Player:
Bypass ISP Throttling
ISP Throttling is a process in which your Internet Service provider slows down the speed of your internet. It occurs when they see you are using too much bandwidth because of streaming Movies or TV Shows. In this way, they just slow down the connection and you won’t be able to play anything at all.
Except this, you may still use to stream Movies although you will surely face too much buffering. This is just because they keep an eye on your activities and see the usage from your side. However to overcome this problem using a VPN could be the only solution. As with this, you can hide your IP address so the ISP provider won’t see who is using that much bandwidth.
Keep Device Secure
Security is our first priority as the Kodi is without any doubt is legal and safe but the Add-on might be harmful. Using too many unknown or 3rd-party Add-ons just to watch some free content could lead you in some serious trouble. Because these Addons can see your IP address and have access to your device.
Although when not updating it could cause a hole in your security. In this way your security became weak and you can easily get caught by any ransomware or any other trojan. To keep yourself secure from these malicious attack VPN could be a shield for you.
Unlock Geo-Restricted Content
Using a VPN could also help you in unlocking the content that is blocked in your country. However, there are various TV Shows, Movies, Anime, Documentaries or even apps that are prohibited in several countries. Let’s instance you want to install Sony Crackle on Kodi then the problem is you won’t be able to use it in every country.
In this way using a VPN could be helpful to change your location to any other where the app or a TV show is legal. Once this is done you will be able to watch it or install it in your device and similarly there are many Add-ons blocked in several countries.
Best VPN For Kodi
After you understand why is it recommended to use the best VPN for Kodi you might be wondering which to choose. Well! for this you don’t need to worry about any more as we are now going to discuss some of the super-fast VPN services better than anyone else.
Make sure to read the review of every product and then choose the service accordingly. Other than this I would also recommend you at the end so make sure to not leave this article in between. So, without wasting any further time let’s head towards the list.
Below is the list of best VPN for Kodi assigned from best to the good:
The first VPN that I would like to mention here is the ExpressVPN as it is being used by many Kodi users out there. The reason behind this is just simply as it provides the fastest speed ever and provides users with completely no buffering streaming.
Furthermore, it is available officially for the Amazon Firestick, Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux and even Android TVs.
Due to the huge number of devices compatibility, this VPN is no doubt the best choice. Even though a user can use a single account of this service in several devices.
At the same time, you can use it on 5 different devices without any interruption. However, this might be expensive as compared to others but still, this has more features as well.
It provides users with the feature of Kill Switch in which if you encounter a problem or the VPN disconnects your app will be closed instantly.
In this way no matter what happens your IP will remain hidden, however, they also provide us with the strict no-log policy. That means they won’t store any of the logs of what you are surfing so you stream anything without worrying.
- Unlock Geo-Restricted Content, Apps, Features.
- Compatible with Amazon Firestick, Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield etc.
- Can be used on 5 different devices at the same time.
- Provides users with fast and buffer-free streaming.
- Best to use with Kodi
- It has 3,000+ servers located in 94 different countries.
- Provides 30-days of the money-back guarantee.
- Comes with No-log policy.
- Provides Kill-Switch Feature.
- Accepts BitCoin payment.
- 24/7 support chat to assist in every problem.
- It doesn’t offer any free trial.
- It is quite expensive (because of their service).
Now if talking about the second best VPN for Kodi then considering NordVPN wouldn’t be a bad idea at all. This VPN can also be used for unlimited streaming and provides you from ISP throttling.
It also provides you with fast speed as it has around 3300 servers located in 60 different countries. NordVPN has more servers than other but these are located in fewer countries so some of you might face a problem with the speed.
Other than this talking about the compatibility then NordVPN can be used on almost every platform like FireTV Stick, Android TV, Mac, Windows, iPhone, Blackberry, Linux and so on.
This VPN offers a user to use a single account on 6 different devices simultaneously. Perhaps it may be difficult to use it on the Fire TV as they don’t offer any specific application.
Furthermore, you can still use it by using the same Android App can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store.
This can be also used to download the apps blocked in your country or else used to watch content that is geo-restricted. NordVPN provides the best encryption as compared to any other services and that’s why it is listed at the top 2.
- 3300+ servers are available from 60 different countries.
- Provides the Kill-Switch feature.
- It has a strict no-log policy.
- Comes with the best encryption as any other service.
- Can be used with Kodi to stream restricted content.
- It can be also used for Netflix.
- Supports almost every platform.
- 6 connections at the same time.
- 24/7 customer care support.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Just like Express VPN it also supports payment through BitCoin.
- Some countries may not get proper speed.
- No free trial at all.
- Some people say Desktop isn’t user friendly.
- This is also quite expensive
IPVanish is not as old as others but it gets so much fame from some years. Many people are using it and find it overall best and also cheap at the same time.
However, the reason why we listed it as the third number is because of its layout. It doesn’t have the user-friendly interface so you may face some issues while using it however they recently added Dark & Light Themes.
This can be used on Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android and some other platforms. However, it also supports Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and Nvidia Shield.
Except this, you can use the manual settings to use it along with any other unsupported device. This could be the best option for those who are using Fire Stick as the main goal of this VPN is to provide security to it.
Apart from this IPVanish has the 5400+ servers that are available in 59+ different countries. In this way, you won’t face any sort of speed issue with it.
Just like others, you can also use the IPVanish app on 5 different devices at the same time. This is the best option for budget users as well as for those who want to unblock geo-restricted apps or services.
- It has 1400+ servers in 74+ countries.
- Provides military-like 256-bit AES encryption
- This offers 100% no-log secure policy.
- Works with various platforms and can be used in 5 different devices.
- It comes with the 7 days money-back guarantee.
- Can be sideloaded on devices doesn’t have Google Play Store.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- Has the best overall speed to enjoy buffer-free streaming.
- 24/7 customer care service.
- Accepts payments through BitCoins.
- The User-Interface isn’t friendly.
- Provides no free trial at all.
- It is a US-based service.
No matter how old are you I am sure you already hear about the most famous VPN CyberGhost. This amazing service is live from many years and they have been adding new features and expanding their servers as well.
Till now CyberGhost has around 7000+ servers that are available in 89 different countries throughout the world.
It has more servers than any other service however still some people might face the problem because it has fewer countries as compared to
ExpressVPN. Furthermore if talking about the advanced feature of CyberGhost then it provides a separate list of fastest servers depending on which streaming service you are using.
In the home screen, you will see the menu of Streaming and once opened it shows Netflix, YouTube, BBC iPlayer and some other streaming platform as well.
Just like this, you can use CyberGhost on Windows, Mac, Firestick, Roku, Nvidia Shield, and Android TVs. Perhaps there is a drawback as you cannot use the manual set up from this VPN.
You must require an application to run it that means no router configuration or Linux. But just in case you are using it for the Fire TV Stick then this could be the best choice for you as it is less expensive.
- Multiple devices compatibility.
- It has 7000+ servers in 89 countries.
- Fastest servers and almost no downtime.
- Use it on 7 devices at the same time.
- Provides strict no-log policy.
- It has Anti-malware protection
- Comes with a different section of streaming servers.
- Can be used for Kodi, Netflix, Hulu.
- Least expensive means you can save some money.
- 45-days of money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers.
- Provides free 7-day trial.
- Poor customer service (no live support just contact through email).
- Doesn’t support manual configuration for Linux or in routers.
- Torrenting is not available in all servers.
SurfShark maybe a new name for you as this isn’t popular just like others but still considering it as the best Kodi VPN could be a good idea. However, this VPN provides users with the 1700+ servers that are located in 60+ countries.
The number of servers is quite low and also they are located in fewer countries so this could be an issue with the speed for some regions.
If talking about the features then SurfShark provides more features than others like you will get an advanced adblocker while connecting to the VPN.
Instead of this, it protects you from the thieves and also from the phishing attacks. Other than this you can also whitelist some apps that you don’t want to access with the VPN for instance your Facebook account, Bank app or other.
This is the good feature and I miss it in NordVPN because I don’t want my bank app to be connected with the VPN. However, except this, you also have no limits on using connections at the same time just with a single account you can use it on as many devices as you want.
Furthermore, it has the Kill-Switch feature and strict no-log policy and also has the industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption.
You can use SurfShark on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone, Firestick, Nvidia Shield etc. The 24/7 live chat support is quite awesome and user-friendly that solves your problem within a few minutes.
- It is best for torrenting or streaming using Kodi.
- Unlock Geo-restricted TV Shows and apps.
- Provides Unlimited connection at a time.
- P2P and industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption
- Provides Kill Switch and no-log policy.
- It has built-in Adblocker to surf without interruption.
- Except this, it has Anti-Malware & Phishing protection.
- This can be used for Netflix, Hulu, Prime.
- The price is way cheap than any other service out there.
- It has 24/7 responsive support chat
- Comes with 30-days of money back warranty.
- It has slow speed in some regions because of having fewer servers in fewer countries.
- Using it in multiple devices could slow down the streaming.
- It is only good for SD or HD streaming, not recommended for 4K.
This is quite old VPN but still many people don’t know much about it, however, the reason why we are adding it here is that it is still good to use along with Kodi.
VyprVPN comes with 700+ located in 70 different countries all over the world. According to many people in VyprVPN community, they said this is the best choice for Downloading as it boosts the speed twice.
Although many people said this helps to stream HD and 4K resolution but this is not good for everyone as if you are far from the countries having a server you may face slow speed.
This service is suitable for Netflix or any other streaming service blocked in your country. They use the Chameleon technology to protect your IP address and also unlock geo-restricted content or application.
VyprVPN can be used on various platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Android, Nvidia, Firestick, Roku and even on routers.
They provide manual configuration features for those who don’t want to install a VPN or the app isn’t available for them. Even though you can use a single account on about 7 devices and protect them at once.
They don’t offer a free trial but you get 30-days of money-back guarantee although many people suggested they don’t refund.
You can still try their service as they offer monthly and yearly basis services start from $12 or $2.50 by purchasing a 24-month plan.
- Provides fast speed and 4K streaming.
- Supports Netflix and Kodi as well.
- Protects privacy using Chameleon technology.
- Use it on 5 or 7 devices at a time (depending on the service you bought).
- Cross platforms support.
- Comes with manual configuration features.
- Provides Kill-Switch feature.
- Suitable for Firestick and remote-enabled devices.
- Support chat is quite impressive.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth for uninterrupted streaming.
- It has P2P protection and allows torrenting.
- It may store some of the log data of users.
- Doesn’t offer AdBlocking of Phishing protection.
- Speed may be slow in various regions.
- They don’t refund money (even after having 30-day money-back guarantee).
- No option to buy using BitCoin or another cryptocurrency.
Since we have listed all the best VPN for Kodi so choosing the best one could be really difficult. It is because every service comes with its own features. Like if one VPN is fast then it is costly while if the other is costly then it may have fewer features this is why deciding the winner could be difficult.
However, after comparing every service I finally came up with the winner of this battle. So, the winner of the best VPN for Kodi is doubt ExpressVPN. It is quite expensive but trusts me the features it provides are worth spending money on.
Since this service provides an extremely fast speed in every region throughout the world because of having various servers available all over the world. It also supports P2P encryption and provides torrenting as well.
Furthermore, this has the Kill-Switch and strict no-logy policy, till now no one ever complained about this VPN and this is what makes it a winner.
ExpressVPN is also compatible with almost every platform available out there and has the dedicated application for the Firestick users. I have been using it from years along with Kodi or to watch my favourite shows on Netflix.
Till now I haven’t face any sort of security issue or faced any issue with the speed as well. It allows me to watch Movies, TV Shows, Anime or other content in HD and 4K.
Did you feel that your device running slow or it behaves strangely then it is time for you to reset firestick instantly? So, if you don't know how to factory reset your device then you came to the...
Are you tired of using navigation key to search the movie name and want a shortcut for this? If yes then here is the list of best Bluetooth keyboard for Amazon Firestick. A few months ago I was also...