Last Updated on 4 months by Amelia Johansson
I have seen many people who still don’t know how to Install a VPN on Firestick. However, I also received many emails regarding this issue so now I am finally here with this guide. In this article, I will share with you a complete step-by-step guide regarding this topic.
Installing a VPN is not a big issue but the problem that many people face is they don’t know how to use them. This is the reason why I am writing this article so make sure to stick with this guide till the end so you don’t miss any information.
Bonus: At the end, I will also tell you about the Best Cheapest VPN for Firestick that you can buy for yourself.
What Is VPN?
Virtual Private Network full form of VPN is the connection that is used to hide an IP address so a user can access Geo-Blocked websites or apps. However, there are many types of Virtual Networks available on the internet which can be used for different purposes. This feature is mostly used to secure our identity while using any public WiFi.
But nowadays people use it to use apps that are banned in their country like in the case of Firestick we use this Network so we can access Netflix in geo-restricted countries like China.
On the other hand, it can be also used when a user Jailbreak their Firestick TV device. Because by doing this we install many 3rd-party applications that can access our private data.
How To Install VPN On Firestick
Now as we understand what this service means and how useful is it you must be curious to know the steps to install it on Firestick. Ok, so without wasting any further time let’s check out the guide that is given below.
We Are Going To Install ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is one of the best service providers ever they have 3000+ servers that are located in 94 different countries. They provide users with unlimited bandwidth for streaming on Netflix or downloading from Torrent.
If you want to learn more about it here is my review on ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN Review
1. First, open Home Screen on Firestick and close all programs running in the background. After this hover to the above menu and from here select the Search icon.
2. Now using a Virtual keyboard type ExpressVPN (you can type the name of the VPN that you want to install) and select the first result.
3. It will then show all the results so ignore everything and click on Get (You Own it button) under the ExpressVPN icon.
4. Just wait until the download completes and then it will be automatically installed so simply now click on the Open button to launch it.
Now we have successfully installed ExpressVPN on the Firestick device so it’s time to check out how we can set up it for the first time.
Setup ExpressVPN for First Time
Launch ExpressVPN and from Home Screen just click on the Sign In button but if you don’t have an account then simply click on New User to create a new account.
On the next screen, it will ask you to enter login information to log in with the account that you used to purchase its membership.
When the sign-in process completes it will ask to Improve ExpressVPN so click on the OK button.
After this, on the next screen, it will ask for some permission so allow them otherwise the app will crash.
Here you will see a Power Button that has the server name under it. If you want to change the server then click on the name and then choose from the list.
After selecting the server just click on Power Button and it will connect within a few seconds.
That’s it the VPN is now successfully connected now just minimize it and start using your favourite applications or stream your favourite movies on TeaTV and other free apps.
How To Sideload VPN on Firestick
At some point, if you don’t want to download the app from Amazon Store then don’t worry as I have a solution for this. We can use the Downloader application that is used to sideload 3rd-party apps on Firestick. It is simple and easy to use because it has a remote-friendly interface.
First, we learn to download this Downloader app because it doesn’t come with Firestick already. So, we have to download it manually, for this just follow the steps given below.
First, open Firestick Home Screen, and from the above menu click on the Search box.
Now type Downloader and then click on the Search button.
Open the first result and then click on the Get button. Just wait for some time until the download completes and then just click on the Open button.
We have now downloaded this application so it’s time to learn how to sideload VPN using Downloader.
- When you launch Downloader for the first time it will ask permission to access Media and Photos. Just click on the Allow button otherwise it cannot download anything.
- At this time you will see another notification just ignore it and select Got it.
- After this, it will show you a box with an HTTP prefix so hover over that box and remove that prefix.
- Now type https://firesticklab.com/expressvpn.apk and hit the Go button.
- It will start connecting to the server and then the file will start downloading automatically.
- When downloads are complete it will open the installation menu so the form here clicks the Install button.
- Within a few seconds VPN will be installed just click on Done.
- You will see the Downloader app with a pop-up window so now just click on the Delete button.
- It will again ask the same just again click Delete as we don’t need this file anymore.
That’s it the VPN is successfully installed on your Firestick and now you can use it as a normal app.
How To Find the Best VPN For Firestick?
As we know the process of how to install a VPN on Firestick now many people will be confused about which is the best VPN to use. You are also confused? Don’t worry because I have checked almost every VPN and after trying each of them I collect some best and Cheapest VPN For Firestick.
If you want to learn more about it just go and check out my article. It will surely help to find the best and cheap Private Network for you easily without wasting your precious time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Use Crack VPN on Fire TV?
Of course not, using a crack VPN can be harmful to your device as it may contain malware or trojans. Also, they are not trusted anymore as they are already cracked by some hackers or other developers.
How Can I install NordVPN on Firestick?
Installation of NordVPN isn’t different from ExpressVPN all the steps are totally the same but the difference is the only name. So, if you haven’t read the guide just go above and read it completely but make sure to change the name before downloading: How To Install NordVPN on Firestick
Is There Any Free VPN for Firestick 4k?
Yes, there are many free VPNs available for Firestick devices but the problem is they provide limited bandwidth and have some security issues as well. However, if you still want to give them a try then I have written a complete guide on Best free VPN for FireTV stick.