Are you looking for the complete step by step guide on how to install Vudu on Firestick device? If that’s true then you came to the right place as today we are going to discuss complete steps that can help to get this application.
No doubt this is the most trending top on the internet among Fire TV Stick users right-now. I have also received many emails people are asking for this topic that’s why I am here. Make sure to follow all the steps very carefully and read it twice otherwise you may not get succeed.
In this guide, we are going to talk about two possible ways that can help us in sideloading this app. Yes, you heard that right we have to sideload this app because it is not available on the Amazon App Store. So, in the first method, we use the most famous app called Downloader and in the second we will use adbLink.
Before we proceed many people may not aware of this application so read the below guide to know what this app is and why it is useful for FieTV users.
What is Vudu?
Now this question is something interesting. Isn’t it? Well! Vudu is the video on Demand platform (VOD) that provides its user’s Movies, TV Shows, etc. This is not like other streaming platforms because it doesn’t have any monthly paid membership.
Instead of this, they have three different categories 1. Free with Ads 2. Rental and 3. Purchase. Now, these three packages mean if a user wants to stream a movie or a TV show for free then he/she will see some ads (Ad break) while streaming.
This is similar to the cable TV that we see ads after some breaks but the best thing is Vudu has the best ad experience as compared to any other free platform.
They use around 3 to 4 commercial breaks while watching a movie which is roughly three to five minutes per movie which is not as bad.
Now about the second category which is rental, so it means that we rent a movie from them in a few dollars. The rate for a rental movie is very cheaper but the problem is it will automatically be deleted after 24 hours.
The last category is purchasing and there is no doubt that purchasing a movie will cost you some more bucks. Even though this will remain in a user’s account forever. The best part of Vudu is that they provide movies before Blu-Ray, Netflix, or other platforms.
How To Install Vudu on Firestick
Ok, enough intro I hope you get my point and understand how worthy is this application for every type of user. So, if you are ready then let’s move to the list but if you wanted to understand more about this application then follow the link: What is Vudu On-Demand Video Platform?
Let’s follow the steps that are given below:
- Open Home Screen and Go to Settings from the top menu.
- Move forward and then select My FireTV.
- Now scroll down and select Developer Options.
- After this, we need to click on Apps From Unknown Source.
- A warning message will pop-up so ignore it and select Enable.
Now we are done with it as we have enabled the installation of third-party sources now we can move further.
Install Vudu on Firestick using Downloader
Since downloader is the most famous application for sideloading third-party applications. It is recommended by almost every Firestick device user and expert. Because it doesn’t occupy much space on this device even it doesn’t run in the background.
Ok, so here are the steps to download this application:
1. Open Home Screen of FireTV Stick now go to the above menu and click Search or Magnifying icon.
2. Now type Downloader and then open the first result you see there.
3. After this click on Download and wait for a while.
4. When the app is downloaded now click Open.
5. In the first launch it will ask for permission to access Photos, Files etc just hit Allow.
6. Now here we can see a box with http:// prefix. So, now we need to remove http:// prefix and type this address https://firesticklab.com/vudu.apk and then hit Go.
7. It will then start connecting to the server and within a few seconds download will be started automatically.
8. When the app is downloaded it will open an installation menu. Now simply from this menu click on Install button and the app will be installed.
9. At this time click Done and you will see Downloader app with a pop-up window. So, from there simply click on the Delete button and from the new menu again select Delete.
10. That’s it the file is now deleted and the application is installed successfully. To access this application we need to go back to Home Screen and click See All under my Apps and Channels.
11. Now hover to the Vudu App icon and then from Remote click on 3 Dot Menu (3 horizontal lines button). It will open a menu on the bottom left and from here simply select Move to Front.
12. This will bring this application in from your Channels and Apps list and then we can easily launch it.
That’s it now you can watch and stream your favourite content that you purchased in Vudu directly on Firestick.
Method #2: How To Install Vudu on Firestick using AdbLink
Since many people don’t like to install the Downloader app then don’t worry as I have another best application for you. This named adbLink and it is supported by some major operating systems like Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
ADBLink basically connects a FireTV using an Internet Protocol (IP Address) and then can help to do whatever you want directly from your machine. It is a completely free tool that lets its users connect with any device by using a USB connection or an IP connection.
Requirements: To follow this method you need to connect with the same IP or WiFi connection and have a computer running Windows, Linux or macOS.
Ok, so without wasting any time let’s Install Vudu in firestick:
- First of all, you need to download AdbLink on your computer by using this link: Download adbLink by Jocalo
- Now install this application on your preferred operating system and then launch it.
- After this go to Settings in your Firestick and then move to About > Network and write down the IP address you see there.
- Now go back to your computer and now click on the New button in AdbLink application.
- After this, it will require to enter a new description and will ask to type an IP address. So type anything in the description and type the same IP you see on a Firestick.
- Now Firestick will be connected with ADBLink. So, now open this link on a computer and then download Vudu apk: https://firesticklab.com/vudu.apk
- Go back to Adblink and at this time click on Install Apk button, it will open File Manager so simply go to the folder where we download Vudu.
- Select the Vudu application from the folder and it will be automatically installed on Firestick.
You can now access it by following the similar steps that we have mentioned above. So, just scroll above and check out the steps to launch Vudu or how to Bring it to the front on the home screen.
How to Create an Account on Vudu
Since this app is free for everyone but there is still a restriction like we cannot use it without having an account. So, it is important to create a free account on Vudu to stream some free content.
The process os signing up isn’t really hard but still, some people are facing issues so that’s why I thought to make a simple and quick guide on it.
We can sign up by using their website or directly through their application so I am using the app on my FireTV for this guide.
Ok, let’s move to the steps:
1. Launch the Vudu application or go their website: Vudu Sign In or Sign up
2. Now click on the Sign-Up or Create a New Account button there, Type your email address and create a new password.
4. Click Browse Vudu after entering the details and you will see a new screen with some instruction.
5. Now open your email on another device and then click on the image you see there.
6. It will take you to the Vudu website and then from here click on Sign in.
7. Now type the same email and password that we created in Step 3 and hit Sign in button.
That’s it now we have completed signing up for Vudu account and now you are able to watch free content on a Firestick. If you are interested in purchasing or renting a movie or a TV Show then make sure to enter the credit card information there.
You can do this by going to Settings and then Payment method and now enter the details of a credit card. But if you prefer using free then there is no need to enter credit card information there.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I hope everyone understands this simple and easy step by step guide and got succeeds in installing Vudu. But if you are still having some problems or wanted to ask a question then make sure to read this faq list.
In this list, you will find the answers to some common questions that are asked by many people around the internet.
But somehow if these don’t work then make sure to ask me in the comment section below or can contact me using Contact us page. I would love to hear from you and will be glad to help my visitors if they are facing an issue I will solve it if possible.
Q1) Can I get Vudu From Amazon Store?
No, Vudu is not available on the Amazon App Store, it is only available for Google Play Store, iTunes App Store, and Microsoft Store. This is the reason why we jailbreak Firestick to sideload this application by using these two best methods.
Q2) How much Vudu cost per month?
It doesn’t cost monthly on a monthly basis as I have already mentioned above that this application is not subscription-based. But instead of this, we have two options like Purchasing any movie or Renting a movie, so with a rented movie it will expire in 24 hours while purchased will remain on an account forever.
Q3) Can I get Vudu on Roku?
Yes, of course just like Firestick Roku is also an Android-based Streaming Platform so we can also download it there. It is also free on Roku as well and the steps of downloading are a little bit different you can search it on Google or on YouTube for a complete installation guide.
Q4) Is Vudu really free?
Yes, this application is totally free but for the free users, there are some ad breaks that can be seen. Even though we cannot watch the latest movie or TV shows on a free account. But don’t worry there are other apps available that can help to watch all latest and old content free of cost.
Here is the link to follow and get the best applications for the Firestick device: Best Firestick Apps List
No doubt Vudu is the best Video On Demand platform as it provides many benefits for those who don’t want to waste their money.
We can easily watch some TV shows and some movies totally free of cost. Instead of this, it offers various movies for renting before Blu-Ray or Netflix, etc.
I hope you understand these methods completely and successfully installed Vudu on Firestick. These method does require some efforts but believes me these are the only ways to get this app. If you know another method instead of these two then don’t forget to share it with us.
Even if you find this article helpful then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family so they can also install this awesome free application. Because sharing is caring and this also help me to encourage so I can bring more free apps like this for you.
Did you feel that your device running slow or it behaves strangely then it is time for you to reset firestick instantly? So, if you don't know how to factory reset your device then you came to the...
Are you tired of using navigation key to search the movie name and want a shortcut for this? If yes then here is the list of best Bluetooth keyboard for Amazon Firestick. A few months ago I was also...